Dodgson! Dodgson! We’ve got Dodgson here!
Spent 3 hours modeling some new bad guys. I’ll try and get them into the engine and make a pretty screenshot of some of them.
Working my way through bioshock…still…
It’s good, but I have yet to really be gripped by the world. I found Rapture to be a more interesting location than Columbia, I suppose. Or maybe its that learning WHY Rapture collapsed after the fact was just a more compelling story hook than actively participating in disrupting Columbia’s story. That very sentence suggests that, by the gods of good gameplay and writing, I should be feeling the opposite…Anyway, I’ll give it time. I’m only about 2-3 hours in (so no spoilers, folks!)
Other news: spent a bunch of time today modeling new models for Orbitmobs.
today’s clock: 7 hours
Week total: 50 hours 2 minutes.
Is it still ice cream if it’s over 75% toppings?
Today was much better than yesterday. And it involved ice cream, chipotle mayonnaise (not together, that’d be gross) and the soundtrack to Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins.
I also built out the basics of an ‘orbiting’ class of enemies. They’re the first non-boss mobile turret, and will probably be first seen in stage 3 or so.
I also spent some time modeling new enemy types today. That was fun.
Today’s clock: 7 hours 24 minutes.
Some days are productive…
And some days you spend sixhours fighting with Navigation Meshes.
How on earth this ill-documented system came to be ‘preferred’, I’ll never know. Grrr.
In other news, I did the following:
- fixed spazzing out of mobpawn collision
- built custom scout class
- reworked some of the contingency pathfinding for the mobpawn
- adjusted unhide delay of projectiles
8 hrs 34 minutes of pain.
Back to business
So, now that setting up that pre-purchase+dev build access stuff is out of the way, it’s back to the grindstone. Here’s what I did today:
- fixed some website bugs
- fixed hugbot flee, sort of
- made hugbot hurt sounds
- fixed mouser explosiion triggering glitch
- fixed some bugs in hugbot’s behavior
- fixed flashing PpPulse on settime dilation
- repro’d and (maybe?) fixed the PpPulse getting stuck bug
- built in delay for ‘stun’ PPPulse
- fixed PpPulse sticking on Weapons (I hope)
7 hours 6 minutes
Hey, go Pre-Order Tower of Guns!
SO, I got a pre-order page up for Tower of Guns now. It’s five bucks, which is only a fraction of what it will cost at launch. (dunno how much that’ll be yet…), but I want to get into the habit of more proper build-delivery. So, purchase now and you get access to the development builds, so you can go around and start racking up those hugbot kills!
Also, if you run into technical problems, leave a question on the new ToG forums, so I can answer it there and refer others to it.
Last night I also did the following:
-resolved a render-collection problem
-fixed a bug in the uberbullet mod
-gave the mine-class of bullets a ‘sphere’ of collision.
Yesterday’s clock: 8hrs, 39 mins
Yesterday I forgot to log! That’s ok, I only got about 3 hours of stuff done anyway, mostly involving dealing with a stupid weapon mod bug, getting some playtest stuff set up, and doing some markering stuff.
- FINALLY SOLVED that stupid gun mod stacking bug. That was a tricky one.
- fix credits typo: moral != morale..too bad that didn’t make the tester’s build..
- make the shotgun mod double spread, not add .5 or some ludricous amoutn like that.
- Babelgun: increase AOE, reduce damage per hit, keg gun: increase dmg
- make keggun slightly bigger
- if you get a new gun, now the weapon mod will now transfer
- made new icons for gun mods
- made new gun mod: uber bullets
- made new gun mod: precision bullets
- made new gun mod: bouncey bullets
- made new gun mod: minelayer bullets
- made new gun mod: explodey bullets
- solved bug where changing weapons would break the weapon XP bar
Felt really good to actually make new STUFF again, rather than just polishing stuff.
Today’s clock: 6 hours and 58 minutes
Weekly hours: 47hr 54 min
Summer storms = shut computer down = afternoon naps.
- added ‘more options to come’ & adjusted options text
- update devblog and meter
- added SFX samples to credits, polished credits up
- replace “new game” in endgame screen with ‘mainmenu’
- added SFX to endgamescreen
- set guns to locked again
- scaled game to make it slightly easier to upgrade and unlock stuff (for demo purposes)
- some minor bugfixes on menu/Hud
- stress tested build
Today’s clock 6 hours 30 minutes